If you use your treadmill or any other gym equipment regularly, it’s important that you clean it regularly to ensure that it’s in tip top condition. Gym equipment, just like anything appliance, machine or device you have in the home needs frequent maintenance checks and needs to be looked after if you want to make sure it performs for years to come.
For anyone using a public or private gym, it’s always a good idea to find out what the cleaning policy is; some gyms may require all gym members to wipe down machinery after each use and other gyms will have members of staff there to clean equipment.
Whether you have a home gym which is used by all members of the household, or you are a regular visitor to public/private gym, regular cleaning is important. Bacteria, fungi and viruses thrive in the typically warm and sweaty surroundings of a gymnasium and without the proper care and attention, these germs will build up and become a problem.
Here are some cleaning tips for your treadmill or other gym equipment:
- Wipe before using – before you use gym equipment, it’s a good idea to give it a good clean before you use it. This can be as simple as a dry cloth to ensure that it’s clean before you start your workout.
- Wipe after using – treadmills and gym equipment are home to sweat and moisture so after using a machine, always wipe over with a dry cloth. Not only will you be getting rid of any germs but you are preventing corrosion of the equipment.
- Use anti bacterial cleaner – anti bacterial sprays are perfect for post gym cleaning. Give all of your equipment a once over with a cloth and spray after you have finished to ensure that it’s a hygienic environment for the next person.
- Use anti bacterial wipes for ease – if you want to make cleaning your gym equipment easy, keep some gym equipment cleaning wipes nearby so you can quickly wipe down after your workout. Specialist wipes are great and are perfect for anyone in a rush.
- Regular vacuuming – if you want to keep your gym germ-free, it’s just as important to keep everything else clean and that includes your floor. Regular vacuuming or sweeping will get rid of any dust/germ build up. You can also use a vacuum cleaner to clean your the base of your treadmill or gym equipment.
For a full range of commercial gym equipment, please visit Fitness Warehouse UK. Thanks for reading,